Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

[closed]

Departure from OD

(53 posts)

Tags:

1. uberlemurguy

Yes, welcome back Joe. Hope you stick around a lot more. Sean best of luck!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Sean
    Founding Member

I just wanted to add after some long discussions with Joe, I will be finishing out my admin status on OD as I intended to do as detailed out in my original post in this thread... as of this comment, I can now approve designs again and moderate the forum and like before, if someone wants to talk and/ or chat with me, I can be reached via email at:

bloggingrockstar [at] gmail [dot] com

One more thing to note, the only thing changing from what I said in my original post is me picking a replacement for my position. Joe owns the site, so he has that control now, not that I ever owned the site in the first place, but I did at one point have some pull around here :)

Ok... now back to your regular scheduled program :)

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. arwen54

that's great, Sean ;) Glad things got ironed out.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Ainslie

It doesn't sound much like things got ironed out to me!

It sound to me like Sean just got crapped on!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. LobsterMan
    Key Master

Ainslie, no reason to spread crap and speculations. Pretty much what happened is after Sean announced he was leaving, I decided to take over the site so it won't fall apart. As part of the move, I disabled all mods and admins, because lots of them aren't active, and I wanted to open things up. Once sean contacted me and said he is still interested in being an admin for a while, I gave him full access. Now where exactly did Sean get crapped on?

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. tomw

How about the site is no longer supporting

http://www.attackr.com/

Sean's favorite site.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Neuen
    Administrator

Tom, I'm not sure if I'd call Attackr.com Seans favorite site, but rather it was a personal project of his which he passed on to Aaron's company Xavisys a while ago. ThemesPress is a personal project of Joe's and because Joe is the owner he should be able to choose which link to put down there. Not that I have anything against Attackr, it's a great resource.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. LobsterMan
    Key Master

BTW, the forum supports themespress, and the main site supports attackr.
    It teh new design it might all be gone.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. tomw

You both are right. Sorry for jumping to conclusion.

Joe you did a great job in such a short time. Hope you will hang around longer this time. If the new admin work just as hard as Sean then OD should be ok.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Sean
    Founding Member

@Tom: Attackr isn't my favorite site per se, but to explain, the whole idea with Attackr and Open Designs is attackr helps promote the designs for OD and has done so since OD came to be. Attackr was around way before OD and use to promote the designs from OWD, so for anyone to imply that Attackr doesn't help OD is crazy. There is daily traffic from Attackr to OD. If Joe chooses to break that relationship, it's on him, not me or Aaron who now runs Attackr as we all know.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Ainslie

@Lobsterman, I'm not spreading crap or speculation. I am still allowed to voice an opinion aren't I?

Cutting off Sean after so long running this site in your absence isn't exactly friendly even if he is leaving for a new project. It's not exactly new news, he's been talking about leaving for ages.

But hey, lets not get into a fight about this. I'm sure that you intend to do the best thing for the community. How about telling us about your plans?

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. LobsterMan
    Key Master

Ainslie, You're always aloud your voice, but so am I ;)
    First of all, I want to get through with the new design, and improve the design features.
    We also have plans to add a community-driven web design magazine, as well as a directory of resources and tools for web designers and webmasters.
    If you have any other cool ideas, we'd love to hear.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. uberlemurguy

oooh! Web Design magazine!

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Sean
    Founding Member

Lets try and keep this thread on topic. At this point nothing else really needs to be said. I've said what I needed to say about me leaving OD as an admin and my future plans. Joe has commented on his plans to some degree.

If you have anything else to say not related to my departure from OD, please don't comment in this thread.

If you want to discuss all the changes going on with OD, there are other threads for that, and while I am still an admin, from this comment forward, any comments off topic will be deleted.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. LobsterMan
    Key Master

Sean, I think that even after your departure from being a full time admin, you should remain a moderator. You're one of the first members of the site, and admin for 2 years. It would be sad to see you disappear completely.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Sean
    Founding Member

@Joe: I never planned on disappearing completely from OD. I'll get in touch with you off forum in the next couple of days to discuss options once the dust settles a little more.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Sean
    Founding Member

So today is my last day as an admin here at Open Designs. In roughly 24 hours from now I will no longer be able to do much around the site. Part of me is sad but the other part of me is really happy. It's been one up and down roller coaster ride that's for sure.

On that note, like mentioned at the start of this thread, I will still be somewhat active in the forums around OD, at least reading and staying in contact with people, I just won't be zapping spam, blocking users and trying to keep the peace.

My new project is in full swing and just like Open Designs aka Joe/LobsterMan will be making some announcements about what's to come for OD, who's involved, etc., once I am not an admin anymore, I too will be making some announcements about the new project. If you'd like to know now, contact me directly via my site contact form or email me at:

bloggingrockstar [at] gmail [dot] com

Overall it's been a really good learning experience being involved with the Open Design Community for over 7 years between all 3 sites... bakies to all... see you around the intraweb.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. tomw

Thanks Sean for all what you have done for OSWD, OWD, and OD and good luck with you new ventures. And please no more roller coasters just bakies.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. arwen54

Sean, you've done one heck of a job here, thanks! Look forward to new adventures, eh buddy?
    lol!

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. NickyD

We'll, it's 11:50pm where I am, so Sean has 10 minutes left. Thanks for all you did Sean.

Posted 2 years ago #
  21. Thanks for All that you have done!

Posted 2 years ago #
  22. Sean
    Founding Member

Thanks everyone for your continued support of me as and admin for OD and also for supporting Open Designs as a site.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. coollew

Thanks Sean!
    Who da Man?
    Sean da Man

Posted 2 years ago #
  24. Lisa11
    Blocked

This is the new information I come across.
    Lisa11

New Jobs

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. tomw

Lisa11 spammer

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.