Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

Design Contest - Ideas Needed

(83 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Christopher
  • Latest reply from 1websitebuilder

No tags yet.

1. SeanPollock

based off of Sleek. (I have seen tons of mods of this template).
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. arwen54

Posted By: perthmetro
    Posted By: arwen54 what does everyone think?
    I don't like it. Not very usable except for blogging backpackers? I'd still like to see a business/non-profit organisation theme
    actually, travel sites are extremely popular, so I don't know where you get that they are not usable...I beg to differ My opinion is that a contest should be fun! Not drudgery! that's why I absolutely loved the old OWD contests when we did a city theme, and a movie theme...they were fun!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. bakercad

BAKIE Theme! :bakie: FTW!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Jeremy

!!!! bob wins. we definitely need a bakie build off.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. dcarter

I agree with Karen. The contest should be about having some fun and trying something a bit different. One of the reasons (apart from the outcome) why the OR contest didn't work was because the remit for the contest was to design an "actual" site for a buiness - which is what a lot of us do every day!! I think a contest should be a chance to try something fun and not "work" related.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. null

why not make it a "design what ever you like" contest?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Sean
    Founding Member

I think the idea of themed contests is good. Maybe something with a color theme. Example, we have 3 main base colors (red, green, black) and then use them as creative as possible. Getting away from the typical blog design would be great. OD isn't in my eyes suppose to be "blog layout central". It's time for people to get creative and break the mold with something fresh and new design wise.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  8. null

Sounds great... can you make the decision and nominate the theme Sean?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. arwen54

yes, let's decide and just do it...! :bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Sean
    Founding Member

Well I'm not getting any replies from either Joe or Christopher (I've tried multiple times), so if the majority of the 10 moderators will chime in and back me up, then I'll put up a contest and use the Kontera money I do have access to for prizes.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  11. bakercad

I'm with you Sean....since Joe & Christopher have been absent, there's not much left to do but have the moderators decide. We need to determine a theme, prize amount(s) AND judges, then do it! :bakie: Odd for Christopher to be so quiet about this stuff. :tongue:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Mike Weiss

I would be interested in judging. I don't have the time right now to compete but I would like to help with the contest in some way.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. refueled

I'd like to help out as well with the contest. I haven't been involved for a while, but now is the best time to get back into things. By the way, I think History or Aviation would be a good idea for a contest theme. Or even "redesign your favorite brand."
    Posted 3 years ago #
  14. null

Posted By: SeanWell I'm not getting any replies from either Joe or Christopher (I've tried multiple times), so if the majority of the 10 moderators will chime in and back me up, then I'll put up a contest and use the Kontera money I do have access to for prizes.
    good idea... i may even try to submit my first design! scarey!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Neuen
    Administrator

I agree that it would be fun to have one based off a colour palette. Maybe one we could pick a palette from over at ColourLovers ?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. greg

methinks we need to compile a list of suggestions and then have a poll to allow everyone to vote on their favourite competition idea
    Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Sean
    Founding Member

I agree with greg... we need a new thread to compile contest ideas, maybe over a week or two, then have a vote... then roll with it.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  18. null

OD Design Competition Vote To vote just cut and paste this thread and add your name under the theme you like - Add your own theme if you want. Votes for 1. a colour theme (to be picked by Sean) perthmetro, 2. Aviation theme 3. 'No theme' theme 4. Bakie theme 5. Old Age Home (Charity) 6. News Paper (Not Blog) 7. Mac Showroom website 8. Grocery Shop 9. Vineyard Website 10. Travel destination 11. non-blog theme
    Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Sean
    Founding Member

Um pete, did you catch the part about starting a new thread? :bakie: Adding more comments only makes this go on and on. It needs a new thread.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  20. null

New thread started HERE /forum/discussion/2020/
    Posted 3 years ago #
  21. greg

in regards to the new thread: i really think this needs to be a poll, as adding ideas whilst the voting is going on will just get confusing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  22. Sean
    Founding Member

@greg: a poll would be good but that is something on the to-do list to fix. Check out the new thread for more information.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  23. Hmmm... not sure. It looks too techy to be blogger-friendly. Just my two cents worth.

Amy Cameron
    BuildMySiteforFree.com

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.