Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Designer Talk

css pixel border width

(16 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by belgarath
  • Latest reply from bintangweb

No tags yet.

1. belgarath

Hi there, I have just completed the design of a site. But am however having one slight difficulty, I need the border width to be 0.5px width can this be done with pure css coding? I know of the 0.5em, solid etc, but that does not give half pixel width as far as i can see?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Gnome

you cannot have something half a pixel wide (as far as i know). Bring the colour of the border closer to the background's colour instead,
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. belgarath

thanx for the comment gnome, know it can be done to have that effect when using tables with overlaps etc....but no way want to go that way so guessed was a long shot anyhow!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. As far as I understand, in CSS a pixel is the same as a pixel on the monitor. This is essentially one dot on your monitor that can be any one color at any one time. It can't be split and made into 2 colors.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Phil

Half pixel CSS, images, anything is impossible.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. SunRise

I don't think its possible either unless you set your monitor to a much lower resolution but that won't solve the problem either.... I'll look across the 'web' and see if I find an answer.... I am back....I checked and this web site says there are no half pixels...but maybe your talking about something else????
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. kirby145

You can use half pixels in font, sizing, but not line such as border.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. Draicone

Half pixels in font, as in 0.5em, is not actually half a pixel. Rather, it is half the size of the text on the page, e.g. if your font is 14px 0.5em is 7px. This allows for resizing to fit larger monitors.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. Plexihack

Half pixel can't exist.Pixel is elementary unit of projecting something to a screen.open photoshop and zoom to the maximum.Now take Pencil tool,size is 1px. Draw a line.Now take the Marquee tool and try to select half of it:bigsmile:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. Gnome

So, like I said: no half pixels.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  11. Mike Weiss

Posted By: gnomeSo, like I said: no half pixels.
    Microsoft uses this thing called ClearType or ClearFont. It's designed to create clear fonts on LCD screens. They take advantage of the Red Green and Blue lights to dither fonts more clearly. Making a type of one-third pixel.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  12. Gnome

A monitor, or any program can only produce natural numbers of pixels. There are twips, 15 of which fit in a pixel, but when rendered, there are no partial pixels. Cleartype modifies pixels, by using extra data (like high-resolution) to blur them into looking nicer. It's still a pixel, but I see what you are getting at. There is more data used to display what you see than is shown.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. xw227751

PDF to JPEG Converter

To Convert PDF file to JPEG, pdf to jpeg Converter is a pre-requisite tool for you to free convert PDF files to various general image formats you defined with excellent output speed and high quality! Due to the feedback of PDF to JPEG Converter customers, it enjoys high converting speed to convert PDF files and is easy to use for clients.

PDF to JPEG Converter can not only convert PDF to JPEG format, but also can convert PDF to other various popular formats, such as PDF to TXT, Word, RTF, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF etc.

[img]http://www.convertpdftojpeg.net/pdf%20to%20jpeg/convertpdftojpeg.gif[/img]

With this PDF to JPEG Converter, You can choose the output format you want to convert; adjust adjust the quality to meet your needs; Output color and Resolution ared also available for you to set. Before converting, you can choose the page rang to select all pages, current page and your self-defined pages.

Guide: How to convert PDF to JPEG?

Free download best PDF to JPEG Converter, install and run it, then click Add File or Add Folder button to import your PDF files from your local, then you can preview the image on the right window.

Open the Output Type dropdown list, choose JPEG format as you are going to get JPG or JPEG images. Then click Browse button to select the right output folder to save the converted PDF file.

You can select the the page you want to convert: All Pages, Current Page and your self-selected page. You can enter pages numbers and/or page ranges separed by commas.

After all the preparations are done, just click Convert Button to start to convert PDF to JPEG.

[img]http://www.convertpdftojpeg.net/pdf%20to%20jpeg/pdftojpeg.gif[/img]

Well, the whole process is finished. With this PDF to Photo Converter, you enjoy your PDF files at any time and place!! Free download and try it right now.

Other useful tools, please attention :
    pdf to jpeg converter
    pdf to bmp converter
    iphone ringtones maker

Posted 6 months ago #
  14. xw227751

PDF to JPEG Converter

Posted 6 months ago #
  15. Chaquan

I will be in the \'network\' and see if I find the answer .... I\'m back .... I checked, the site said there is no half-pixel ... but maybe your other problems?

[url=\"http://www.zyy.com/gold/Runescape-gold.html\"]Buy RS Gold[/url],[url=\"http://www.storeingame.com/gold/Runescape-gold.html\"]Runescape Gold[/url],[url=\"http://www.storeingame.com/gold/Runescape-gold.html\"]Buy Runescape Gold[/url]

Posted 5 months ago #
  16. bintangweb

px (pixel) is the smallest unit of monitor screen.
    So there is no half pixel possible.

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.