Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » General Talk

subtext?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by The_stranger
  • Latest reply from siphilp

No tags yet.

1. The_stranger

I came to the open designs site though link to new subtext skins - I get here and I don't see any reference to the subtext blog system. Is that what the designs are?

I downloaded a couple and copied the folder to the subtext skins folder and nothing new is available to select - I am new to subtext so forgive my newbeness!

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. papab30

Generally you're going to have to do some hacking to make one of the designs from here work with SubText, just like you would have to do with a WordPress blog. Basically, download a design from here, read through this walkthrough: http://siphilp.co.uk/archive/2007/06/23/creating-a-subtext-skin-scottish-snowboarder-part-1-again.aspx and then start taking the design that you downloaded and start changing the items in SubText to match the design. Yes it's some work, but for now that's about the only way you're going to get a design from here to work with your new blog.

Good luck, and hope this helps some.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. The_stranger

Thanks much for responding! That's what I thought - It didn't look like these were specific subtext designs but the link said something like -good subtext skins here- Now I can't find that link :)

Thanks again!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. LobsterMan
    Key Master

The link was probably suggesting a source for starting points which can then be adapted for use with subtext.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. siphilp

Thanks for the link to my subtext skin blog post. I have quite a few blog posts in relation to skinning as well as more subtext skins being created for general use. Just waiting till the next release as i really don't fancy having to re-write anything once it's posted :)

The_Stranger if there are skins you'd like to see converted then please post away on the subtext groups page over at google :)

http://groups.google.com/group/subtext?pli=1

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.