Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » General Talk

ccTLD or gTLD?

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by pseudoxiah
  • Latest reply from uberlemurguy

No tags yet.

1. pseudoxiah

I want to make a web site that would address the public in both my home country and the public worldwide.

What I intend to offer is of little popularity in my country but very popular worldwide.

I want to make a version in my native languag for visitors from my country and one in English for visitors worldwide. The intention is that the product is first offered to customers in my country but also appear on searches for keywords in English.

Promotion will be done both locally and internationally.

In this case do you recommend a .com or. net domain? The .com domanin I want is already registered.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. I would recommend getting the international domain. .COM is by far the most popular TLD even in non - US countries so why not just go for that.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. wundertype.de

Hi. I think it all depends on the product and the country. When it comes to technology and contemporary design .com or. net are fine. But I think there's nothing wrong if e.g. a traditional French vineyard uses the .fr domain.
    Some countries are considered to have economies that grow faster than others--or they are just nice places. People might find it interessting to make business there or buy from there.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. pseudoxiah

The site is web related.

My first option is also the .com domain but unfortunately the name I want is already registered. There is no info on the page and just an email address is listed so maybe the owner intends to sell the domaim. However it expires on the 26th this month and I'm considering backordering it. Maybe you can give me some suggestions about this too, I was thinking about pool.com, snapnames.com and namejet.com.

Anyway, I'm thinking about registering all TLDs and redirecting them to the .com domain.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. uberlemurguy

i would only use the ccLTD if you can make some sort of creative name out of it so that it is memorable. Use http://domai.nr for that.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.