Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

I hate to be 'that' guy but....

(16 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Outsider
  • Latest reply from kirby145

No tags yet.

1. Outsider

/preview/?template=2202

No graphical text is still a rule right? Cause if it's not, I have some great designs waiting to upload :)

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. i just wana know how the hell this gets through our mods.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. webmatter

Hi, sorry I was not aware of that rule. However, I am wondering why this template was published anyway. Shortly after uploading it I noticed that there was still an issue with IE and therefor I went to edit and uploaded an empty zip file "deleted.zip" because I didn't find another way to delete the uploaded design. I intended to upload an amended design later after fixing the IE issue. Actually I didn't want it to become public the way it is ... :)

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. NickyD

Connor, you should be careful with how you phrase things. A couple of the mods are trying to do things here with limited abilities, no lessons on how to use the site, with no admin support....and all you can write is "how the hell is this getting through our mods?"

I am almost at the point of giving up. I guess until Joe and Ethan start getting involved, I will not do anything here with my mod privileges, since some complain when someone is making an effort to help with limited abilities. Don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. I'm sorry im jsut upset because after a series of emails with joe he has promised to make me a mod and i still am not and he has stopped responding. I feel that i could help contribute and help these mods out.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. NickyD

Understood, but not a reason to knock the existing mods. Alec and I had good intentions as mods, but it went wrong. We made the effort to keep the site moving, but just too limited. Even Sean tried to help out, which is not his responsibility. It is out of our hands now. We all will just have to wait to hear from Joe. When we do, I will have a better idea how to move things along better. Sorry.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Outsider

It's like communicating with god. You pray and pray and pray for that bike, but you never get a response or the bike. Then you figure out how it works; you steal a bike and pray for forgiveness. :D

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Sean
    Founding Member

@Outsider: You stole a bike? Hehe.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. I've heard that before. I laugh so hard every time. Because its true.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Outsider

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating we 'steal' anything here! ;)

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. uberlemurguy

I fear I might be guilty here. But I do have to agree that nothing was really explained to me, so I assumed that our 78+ que for designs was just because no one had approved them, not because as soon as they are approved, they are put on the front page. Also no one ever explained about the thumbnails. I approved about 40+ designs in one night, and although I did check for validity in both HTML and CSS I know of 1 template that had javascript that got through and this one. However, I did turn down many designs that had JS and text images, some even flash! Although inexcusable 2 missed ones out of the 60ish I looked at isn't bad.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. kirby145

Really I think it's meant that the admins are the ones not doing crap around here
    ----
    Need we discuss moving to that other forum as well as seans site

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. webmatter

I think an error is human and calling it 'crap' is really an harsh judgement. Anyway, I am wondering why it is not possible to change a template anymore?

With the 'old' site the template was removed immediately after uploading a new zip file and was awaiting new approval. I wanted to remove the template by uploading an empty zip file (even before it was published).
    This seems to be a technical issue that is probably more important than beating the mods ;)

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Sean
    Founding Member

webmatter said:

This seems to be a technical issue that is probably more important than beating the mods

You are correct. A very easy technical issue to fix if only Joe or Ethan would show up to do it.

As for beating the mods, I also agree. From what I've gathered, the mods didn't receive any instructions on how to moderate, approve or reject designs. Again, this falls on Joe and Ethan (site admins) for not providing the necessary information to the mod team.

kirby145 said:

Really I think it's meant that the admins are the ones not doing crap around here
    ----
    Need we discuss moving to that other forum as well as seans site

I agree 100% that Joe and Ethan (site admins) need to do or say something. The things that are causing issues now are really minor to fix or deal with but with the lack of communication from the admins, it's really pissing people off.

As for moving to the new forum ( http://www.opencss.net/forum/ ), it's in place and people have signed up, it just needs people to be active for it to take off.

As for mine and Aaron's new site ( http://www.getfreewebdesigns.com/ ), it's already being used and supported by a lot of people from OSWD, OWD and OD. We even has designers submitting designs who have not set foot on OD or the other sites in over a year, so things are off to a great start.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. uberlemurguy

Let's go to http://www.opencss.net/forum/

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. kirby145

Thanks bro. I was going to sit around here like other people thinking oh yeah the admins are going to do their job, Joe basically he set the site up and left. People saying oh yea that's fine, no it's not. It's ridiculous.

I mean really, how could you say they are doing their job or being a part of the community. They aren't.

Anyway I got opencss and gfwd bookmarked now I gave this site a fair chance it used to be great but now I mean the mods do a great job but there's no real action by the owners of the site or ANY COMMUNICATION.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.