Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

Design images not visible

(16 posts)

Tags:

1. zanzibar

I'm using a Mac and both in Firefox and Safari, most of the thumbnails for the designs are missing. The written info is there, but not the preview image even on the download page????

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Sean
    Founding Member

This is because whoever is now doing design approvals is not pressing the create thumbnail link before they hit approve link.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. tomw

Sean, you should have stayed till the new team learns the task at hand since the admins are not helping them.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. NickyD

Just went to the admin panel, but did not see a way to fix it, so I just let it be until Joe or Ethan can fix it.

I have not approved any designs yet. Waiting on word from an admin to do it, along with instructions on the proper way to do it..

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. papab30

Might be waiting for quite a while before you get instructions on what to do and when to do it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. NickyD

I sure hope not. I have gotten some emails over the last couple of days from some of our original and valuable members, who are probably leaving us. I am getting upset over this, and hope Joe and Ethan can step up to the plate.

Joe / Ethan - if you are working on some backend stuff, just inform the community.....please. It is long overdue and needed.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Sean
    Founding Member

tomw said:

Sean, you should have stayed till the new team learns the task at hand since the admins are not helping them.

I gave plenty of notice I was stepping down as an admin and if things would have went the way I originally planned, my replacement would have been instructed on how to do things properly.

Joe had plenty of time to let moderators know how to do design approvals and the proper way to validate, view, generate thumbnails, etc. I don't know if Ethan was ever told how to do it or not.

I actually know how to fix the problem and get the designs that are missing screen shots fixed... I've been thinking about just doing it but haven't because it's not my place anymore.

NickyD said:

I have gotten some emails over the last couple of days from some of our original and valuable members, who are probably leaving us.

This is nothing new. A lot of the original core members left a long time ago, way before I left as an admin and if more people leave the site, don't worry about it, people will always come and go on sites no matter what happens.

Speaking of original core members, you will notice a few of them that have not set foot on OD in over a year on mine and Aaron's new site:

http://www.getfreewebdesigns.com/

Well in closing, I will fix a couple screen shots on the home page, but only because I want to show that it can be done even after a design was approved without having it done in the first place.

Joe and Ethan need to step it up for the site. These things are easy to handle but again, I personally feel it's not my place anymore.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Sean
    Founding Member

update: I just made sure the designs on the home page now have screen shots. There are still at least 12 designs that are approved without screen shots. I am not fixing those and no, I am not telling anyone how to fix the ones that need fixing. I am not an OD admin anymore. It's time for Joe and Ethan to show/teach the new moderator team what to do and how to do it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. NickyD

Thanks Sean. Just shows you are a class act.

Joe / Ethan, the fact that Sean was able to fix it so easily shows that your involvement has been too minimal. If it is that easy, I wish you could just inform me how to do it, so Sean does not have to rescue the site.....again.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. uberlemurguy

I was approving the templates and when I would press the generate thumbnail link, nothing would happen. A tab would open, but nothing ever showed so I assumed that it was either an artifact or a placeholder. SOrry guys.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Sean
    Founding Member

@uberlemurguy: After you press the generate thumbnail image, it does take a little time for it to create because of the way the current OD backend code works. It will tell you it's been created once it finishes running the script, unless the script is timing out, but since I am no longer an OD admin or have access to the OD backend, I can't check that... so Joe or Ethan will need to do it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. kirby145

I'm getting more and more mad at this the longer it goes on.

Sean has already done a ton of stuff, one problem it's not his job and he shouldn't have to.

Where are the new admins and their great new site this is BS

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Ainslie

The lack of Admin assistance or input is very poor. Especially after so many members have stayed loyal to the site. I was hoping the bad old days were behind us!

...and Sean helpful as always. Thank you. I'd offer a bakie but they're gone too.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. darthvegan

Just an echo about the previews not being visible... Tried using Safari 3 and IE8 in addition to FF3- still missing some. Not complaining, just informing. I love TODC and if I can help in any way, let me know.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Sean
    Founding Member

Ainslie said:

...and Sean helpful as always. Thank you. I'd offer a bakie but they're gone too.

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words Ainslie. Oh how I miss bakies...

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. papab30

Sean you're retired, you shouldn't be expected to go and fix problems here. But thank you for at least getting the front page fixed.

Sure would be nice to hear some news from the admins about what's going on, what's happening, what's new and what's coming up. Maybe a forum post, maybe a blog entry, maybe just something huh?

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.