Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

These designs CSS do NOT validate

(7 posts)

No tags yet.

1. arwen54

Just a heads up, there are several designs submitted by sparkBB, ie designs # 2052, 2051, 2050, 2049, that the CSS does NOT validate because they are created by a program called Artisteer, a web template and WordPress theme generator. This person is submitting designs as his own when in fact they are not original!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. kirby145

This is clearly spam, delete all the user's templates.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. arwen54

also #2048...look...it really is up to Joe...but people who download the designs need to know that the CSS has lots of proprietary code that only Artisteer generates. If you run the CSS validator on any one of these 5 templates it's not just a couple of errors, it's like 174-188 ish errors! According to the Artisteer website the developers are working on fixing the way the CSS gets output.

Fine, great!

But the thing is, the whole point of this community is to showcase designer talent and to provide web standards compliant XHTML and CSS templates.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Sean
    Founding Member

@arwen54: How funny that we were just talking about Artisteer the other day and how bad the CSS and classes are that it generates :)

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. arwen54

yes, Sean. Has Joe even bothered to check these? I notice he's been MIA. Who's approving designs here now?

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Did anyone ever get moderator status?

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Sean
    Founding Member

@arwen54: I sent both Joe and Christopher emails about these designs but I have not heard back from either of them as of this comment. I think Christopher is still approving designs, but I am not 100% sure.

@SuperiorDesign: I'm not sure if if Joe has assigned moderator status to anyone and I'm not an OD admin anymore, so this will need to be brought up with Joe since this is his site.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.