Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

i am currently obsessed...

(8 posts)

No tags yet.

1. danielleid

hi guys, i am new here. what a great community! I have been teaching myself css mainly by looking at template code and sites I like via my developer toolbar. So there is this site http://www.benhulse.com that I am obsessing over code wise. It is such a great and simple looking design for a designer to showcase their work, but the code (seems to me) to be a beast! Basically I'm looking for a cleaner/leaner version of this layout home page and portfolio pages--maybe I'm just too new to realize that this site is quite simple, but it looks to me to be packing a lot of css heat. Anyone can recommend a free template on OpenDesigns that looks similiar, or share a few tricks as to how I may be able to acheive this design without all the bulk on the inner pages? Basically just homepage=a background image, a main image viewer centered innerpages= centered image and a clickable list down the side? Help?! Danielle danielle@doubleexposuredesign.com
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. acousticsam

There's a design here somewhere that ressembles the Ben Hulse one... it was submitted a long time ago, and it's possibly on OSWD too. But I can't find it. It was a white box on a black background, fixed width, and it had a black tattoo-art-esque dragon in the upper left corner. Does this ring any bells to anyone? Wish I could help... if only I could find the name of that design...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Mike Weiss

I remember one with a broken down car on it.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Dean

It was a white box on a black background, fixed width, and it had a black tattoo-art-esque dragon in the upper left corner. Does this ring any bells to anyone?
    Andreas Viklund :bakie: (cookie)
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Rob

6. danielleid

thanks guys, I found a couple on here that were similiar as well... One is called "twisted" one is called "zoedesigns2" both are similar and very cool. I'm working on something now thats sort of a hybrid of several templates that I like. I'll post the code when I'm through. Also, thanks for posting your template Andreas! Danielle :bigsmile:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. gillweb

This One ??
    Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Gnome

I also put together some alternative images to replace the dragon for andreas05. you can find them here.
    Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.