Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Self Promotion

LemurCMS (First public release 0.6)

(32 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by uberlemurguy
  • Latest reply from beetlepod
  1. uberlemurguy

THERE IS A NEW VERSION: /forum/topic.php?id=2699#post-30440

About
    LemurCMS has been in the works since Nov 13th, 2008 and I have finally finished what I believe is good enough to be a public release. I have been monitoring the various threads relating to CMS's and been trying to incorporate those things.

Size
    Although LemurCMS is 5mb uncompressed, 50% (2.6mb in 116 files) of this is icons relating to filetypes for the backend filemanager, so I will offer two versions. One with icons and one without.

Requirements
    To run LemurCMS you will need:

• PHP version 5 or greater
    • PHP GD version 2 or greater
    • PHP with MySQL support
    • A MySQL 5 database (for future features)

Recommended:

• Apache 2 with mod_rewrite (clean urls)

The installer checks for all of this and automagically write the .htaccess file for the clean urls.

Features
    I don't know where to being with the features so I will probably list them in the order they come to mind:

• Infinate-Level menu (by far the hardest to code, but probably the most important)
    • Clean Urls in the form http://www.example.com/content/this-is-a-page/1
    • Incredibly easy and fast templating system based on smarty if you are familiar. It takes less that 5 minutes for me to take any design on OD and turn it into a theme.
    • Static Content (content that is the same across all pages - i.e. a footer)
    • Ability to upload, validate and install a theme from the web browser.
    • Ability to edit the theme from within the CMS.
    • Users with the levels of Admin, Low-Level Admin, Manager and User.
    • Easy to change settings and it is possible to add custom settings lthat can be access from the template.
    • Uses FCKEditor and a heavily modified version of TinyBrowser for the filemanager.
    • To access the filemanger, you go to Add Page or Edit a Page then add a link or image and there will be a Browse Server button. Click that and a window will open. You can go to upload and upload files or add one by clicking on it. Feel free to try it in the demo.

Yeah, yeah DL and Demo plox
    Demo: http://www.gorgefamily.com/lemurcms/
    Username: admin
    Password: demo
    Download: http://www.gorgefamily.com/uploaded-files/LemurCMS-0.6.zip (no icons: http://www.gorgefamily.com/uploaded-files/LemurCMS-0.6-noicons.zip)

I will post known bug list and a few other things in a separate post shortly.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. uberlemurguy

Known Bugs

• Bug #00001 - On the Add Page page and Edit Page page when you are choosing the parent item, items two levels deep or more are not being indented appropriately, this is a top priority to fix.
    • Bug #00002 - Empty directories show up in the theme editor.

Future Features

• Fix Bugs
    • Add Support for a secondary menu
    • Add setting for Favicon

Docs
    http://gorgefamily.com/lemurcms/content/theming-for-lemurcms/7

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. uberlemurguy

Please list all bugs you encounter and pour out your wish list for this cms. Please.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. uberlemurguy

Thanks Neuen! Yeah, that theme is Wordpressish even though it isn't meant to be. Oh well. Thanks for reporting that bug. Empty directories do report even if they don't have any editable files in them.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Neuen
    Administrator

I like it. The admin skin reminds me of the old 'simple' Wordpress back end. Oh, and on the edit theme area the images/ directory is showing up as editable.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. uberlemurguy

Adding Bug because I can't edit my post:

Revise Bug #00001: The parent item is simply convoluted. Need complete rewrite.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. James

Its looking good Alec!

If it supported IIS with clean URL's I'd be giving it a go, I'll have to wait until my hosting's up for renewal and switch.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. uberlemurguy

You can use it without Clean Urls.

Also, just out of curiosity, why are you using IIS?

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. James

I know more about ASP than PHP and I was working on my own programs and needed IIS. I'm moving more towards PHP (or at least trying to) so will probably change the deal I have to an Apache server instead.

IIS has been more of a pain than I want to deal with, everything open source is PHP based and clean URL's have caused me many headaches especially with WP.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. uberlemurguy

PHP is the way to go! Checkout a book it will really help you. Also work on a personal PHP + MySQL project by yourself. That is the best way to learn.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. tomw

Indeed PHP is a way to go. Now SQL is included with PHP5.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. tomw: SQL included with PHP5? Care to elaborate?

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. tomw

This might give you some info:

http://us2.php.net/sqlite

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. uberlemurguy

SQLite is planned for version 1.0. Maybe sooner if requested. MySQL 5 isn't required yet but in a future release MySQL 5 features will be used.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. uberlemurguy

I have fixed all of the bugs and completely rewrote all the navigational features which makes them use 90% less mysql queries! Woohoo!

Welcome to version 0.6.5 gentlemen.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. James

I've changed on of my sites over to an Apache server so I guess I have no excuses not to try it out now...

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. uberlemurguy

woohoo! i just posted the download to 0.6.5 (http://gorgefamily.com/lemurcms/content/download/5) Please, please PLEASE report bugs and request features!

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. uberlemurguy

A new design for the site!

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Neuen
    Administrator

Sweet. I really like the new design for the site. If I can find some time later tonight I'll download the latest release and play around with it and let you know if I find any bugs. Maybe I'll even port a few of my favorite templates from OD.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. uberlemurguy

An icon free version is not available any more because it is too much work for me. When you port the the templates tell me what you think I can do to improve the documentation because I need to work on that.

Posted 2 years ago #
  21. bakercad

when trying login I get thrown to this page

Posted 2 years ago #
  22. uberlemurguy

I fixed that bug, thanks for reporting it, all zip packages have been updated.

Also, I just noticed a bug that files are uploaded to gorgefamily.com/uploaded-files/ not gorgefamily.com/lemurcms/uploaded-files/. I will fix this within the hour.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. uberlemurguy

I have fixed the bug and update the zip files.

Posted 2 years ago #
  24. uberlemurguy

VERSION 0.7 RELEASE: http://gorgefamily.com/lemurcms/content/download/5

• I have fixed over 40 bugs.
    • I added full support for a second menu.

Please test and report all bugs. AND REQUEST NEW FEATURES.

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. beetlepod

Hi

I am having trouble with v0.7 in that install.php
    It returns
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in F:\xampp\htdocs\lemurcms\install.php on line 381

I managed to find a 0.9 version and downloaded it but then the only theme is the contaminated theme.

On the site demo there is the picture box that overlays the browser. I am unsure how to get this to work. It is part of the freshlemurcms_2 theme but not part of the .7 or .9 download

I am also looking for the upload_files area.

Sorry I am such a newbie but I love what this lemurCMS looks like it can offer. Just trying to get my head around it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  26. beetlepod

As for new features, Can the sub menus only be displayed when their parent is selected? I could probably change this myself if I looked hard enough by limiting the showing to only the current pages parent id?

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. uberlemurguy

hey thanks for having a look beelepod, I have a actively working on newer version (1.0) and it fixes a ton of issues and adds some really cool stuff. I didn't know anyone was interested in that theme so I will makes sure I include that in the new release. I should be done by Saturday (if you can wait that long). The overlay is a plugin I wrote called jQueryLibrary. It comes with version 1.0. If you have any more questions, please post them here or contact me at alecgorge[atsymbol]gmail.com

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. uberlemurguy

As to limiting by only showing sub menus when selected you can do it in css (just replace #nav with whatever you are id'ing your navigation with):

ul#nav li ul {display:none;}
    ul#nav li.selected ul {display:block;}
    Posted 2 years ago #
  29. beetlepod

thanks

I did some fiddling and added the fancybox code from an existing theme.

One other issue I have come across twice now is when I run it all locally or in test and add pages all is fine. Then I export the DB and import into the production site the top level 0 menu is missing. Even if I add a new entry it does not appear. I assume this is because of an auto index that is reset during the copy? Any ideas? I might try recreating the DB and see what happens.

http://olivialambert.com.au/cms

I also have issues with the tinyurl and upload. In localhost it works but not in test or prod sites. I suspect it is looking for /lemurcms somewhere and that only exists in localhost as another website.

Other then that I love the simplicity

Posted 2 years ago #
  30. beetlepod

I found the issue with the menus. I suspect it might be a SQL versioning issue. I suspect my sight is running SQL 4

SELECT parent_id, menutitle, id FROM ".DBTABLEPREFIX."content_pages WHERE NOT secondary = 'yes' ORDER by orderingid

I changed to this :
    SELECT parent_id, menutitle, id FROM ".DBTABLEPREFIX."content_pages WHERE secondary <> 'yes' ORDER by orderingid

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.