Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Site Specific

Money Earned To Date

(31 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Sean
    Founding Member

As of this morning, the following has been earned for Open Designs from site advertising: Google Ad Sense: $395.38 USD (Since early April) Kontera: $318.48 USD (only been running approximately 40 days) So there you go... clearly as I mentioned before, in a very short amount of time, Kontera has blown Google adsense away in overall earnings. We had a vote with 5-6 days for anyone to cast a vote. I asked people to base their vote on user experience, not how much money it earned since in another thread various members said they did not like the new system popping up. I also said that after the vote was over, I would post this information on earnings, so there you go. That's all for now.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. yugnats

was that so hard? please post or email me me the screenshots when you get a chance.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Sean
    Founding Member

This is the reporting style I've done in the past and as long as I'm an admin, I will continue to do it this way. However, as proof to show I give the real numbers, here you go...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. robbie

Congrats, to many more years :wink:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Jeremy

thanks, Sean.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. yugnats

Posted By: seanroxYou're being an ass.
    oh really, i'd watch that if i were you. i see you deleted the new thread i started as well that is simply looking for answers to several unanswered questions. well sean, if removing users threads, insulting them, not applying the rules to other members, threatening to remove their mod rights with no reason given, telling them to go make their own site and constantly avoiding series questions from the community are the way your gonna roll with this thats fine- you've made it easy for me to decide what to do next. its just too bad the community is the one who suffers in the long run.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. bakercad

dude...that's totally PhotoShopped! just joking of course. Thanks Sean.....good to see this site have something to offer back to the community for contests and not having to rely totally on sponsors to come forward (and actually pay).
    Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Christopher

threatening to remove their mod rights with no reason given - You are no longer a moderator at open Designs. You said yourself in your email to Sean... "thats fine sean and dont reinstate my mod permissions- its not like they mattered anyways." Christopher awaits the onslaught of comments that are bound to follow from Yugnats...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Sean
    Founding Member

Stan, We do really need to move on with things... please give me some time to reply to you... I have started an email to you with answers to all your questions... but when you keep acting like the way you are, it's a distraction... Please stop.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Sean
    Founding Member

@bakercad: hehe... well I did use photoshop to size it :bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Jeremy

Posted By: sean@bakercad: hehe... well I did usephotoshopto size itbakie
    HAX0R!!!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  12. yugnats

Posted By: Christopherthreatening to remove their mod rights with no reason given- You are no longer a moderator at open Designs. You said yourself in your email to Sean... "thats fine sean and dont reinstate my mod permissions- its not like they mattered anyways."
    thats right chris but it says reinstate, that usually means if something was removed they could be given back. that conversation was between me and sean and we were having an emotionaly charged private conversation. since my mod rights were never removed my comment wouldn't stand but hey, who am i to question authority here?? **bang- door hits me on the way out.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. NickyD

Bob, I think you are right. 20/20 uncovered this real image..... :bakie::bakie::bakie::bakie::bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Sean
    Founding Member

um, NickyD... you forgot the commas in your numbers... hehe... some photoshop fu you have :tongue: but wow, that would be pretty cool if OD really did make close to $400,000... we could have a really nice party :bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  15. NickyD

I'll fix it. C'mon, I only had a 30 second break. Not bad for that short of time. :bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Sean
    Founding Member

sad, sad little commas... hehe... ok, lets move along... I posted numbers and a real screen shot... we don't need another mega thread... thanks for the laughs NickyD...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  17. bakercad

Posted By: seanroxbut wow, that would be pretty cool if OD really did make close to $400,000... we could have a really nice party
    And of course, you, Joe and Christopher could have really nice cars :tooth:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Ainslie

You would need that much to fly all the members in to the same country for the party. :bakie:
    Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Gnome

We should do a trial run for TLA, just to see how it stacks up.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  20. 4evrblu

Is Kontera free like Google? And do I sign up as a publisher or an advertiser? My intuition says I sign up as a publisher. Then, I need to install a WP plugin for convenience eh?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  21. Jeremy

its free and you want to sign up as a publisher. installation of the plugin is VERY easy and the ads start appearing a day or so later (if i remember correctly)
    Posted 3 years ago #
  22. Sean
    Founding Member

@4evrblu: Kontera is free... and yes you would be a publisher... unless you want to your own site or business to be an advertisement. If you do sign up, use this promotional referral code and also be sure to mention Open Designs in the comments when you sign up. It helps OD by doing this and will also help you in getting approved.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  23. 4evrblu

You got it,. Can I keep the Adsense workin on some of my other pages? I have the adsense code on so many pages I doubt I could find them all. In other words, is there a no compete clause?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  24. Sean
    Founding Member

As you can see, we have Google adsense on OD as well... so you'll be ok. There isn't a compete clause.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  25. copsworld

Posted By: seanAs you can see, we have Google adsense on OD as well... so you'll be ok. There isn't a compete clause.
    No compete clause as far as Adsense is concerned, but the TOS clearly states no other text based ads allowed.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  26. Phil

Does the Kontera revenue include money generated from referrals, and if so, how much came from referrals? I agree though. I've been using Kontera and it makes great money. Of course, a lot of members didn't like it, so I enabled it for guests only. Unfortunately, Kontera's revenue system is currently under maintenance, so I can't see how well it did with guests only.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  27. Sean
    Founding Member

@Philiwily: No, the Kontera revenue does not include any money generated from referrals. If and when we get anything from people using the referral code, I will post about it.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  28. Jeremy

Posted By: copsworld
    Posted By: seanAs you can see, we have Google adsense on OD as well... so you'll be ok. There isn't a compete clause.
    No compete clause as far as Adsense is concerned, but the TOS clearly states no other text based ads allowed.
    the loophole being you use the firefox or google pack ads that adsense offers.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  29. Phil

Posted By: sean@Philiwily: No, the Kontera revenue does not include any money generated from referrals. If and when we get anything from people using the referral code, I will post about it.
    You should be getting some money, because I know for sure I used your referral and signed up for an account. Other people on these forums have said the same thing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  30. Sean
    Founding Member

@Philiwily: As mentioned before, the Kontera ad system takes about 2 weeks to completely sync with someones site before it really starts to earn anything. The system has only been running on OD for about 40 days and/or about 5-6 weeks. With that in mind, yes people have signed up using the referral code, but their sites also have that 2 week time frame before things get rolling. So at some point, yes, if the people who use the OD referral code sign up, get accepted and start to earn money for themselves, OD will also benefit but as of my comment, we have not seen that. Of course, soon as we do, I'll post about it.
    Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.