Designer? Programmer? Enthusiast? Join Open Designs Now!

Open Designs Forum » Work / Freelance

PHP-er needed for Open Source Photo Project

(18 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Doorwood
  • Latest reply from xw227751

No tags yet.

1. Doorwood

Today my grandparents celebrated their 160th birthday (2gether that is :wink:). Of course all the family was present, and ofcourse everybody made pictures with their Digital Camera. So far so good, untill we wanted to find a way to share all these pictures without everybody needing to mail them to everybody with all the extra problems this adds. So i registered a domainname and, you probably guessed, coms the trouble. I can modify a template, or even create one myself, but i can't do the upload php part. Therefore I would like to ask anyone here to help me finnish it. Ofcourse the finnished project will be released in the community! What i would like the 'php to do' is the following: - let everybody upload their pictures (maximum filesize) - When one person uploads his foto's i want all the foto's to be arranged in an album named with the name of this person. - In this album there should be info of the person who uploaded it (this information is given by the 'uploader' when he/she uploads'. I will come up with a site asap, and hope anyone of you php-ers is willing to help me with this!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. bakercad

How about giving ZenPhoto a try?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. graystatic

I think ZenPhoto is a good solution, but if you don't like it I would be willing to help. Just send me an email or post here.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Aeriff

I'm available if needed - drop me an email.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Dotsona

I have been working on the same kind of thing, maybe we could work together, here is a little preview of what I have so far (keep in mind that its only working in firefox, this is just the html and css) admin area: http://freation.com/Art_Machine/edit.php Login: http://freation.com/Art_Machine/login/login.php Note: Mine is still a little rough, but its getting there. If you want to work together send me a email at hondaex3005@yahoo.com
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. Aeriff

Dotsona that's a really nice design you've got there so far -- good job!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. Doorwood

@bakercard, thank you for the tip but Zenphoto was not quite what I was looking for @Dotsona, that is a hell of a sweet design/setup but way to powerfull for my purposes. I will get in contact with you soon though since I have some ideas about a possible new project that we could launch on that framework. @Aeriff and Graystatic, thank you that you want to help! I have finnished up editting Luka Cvrk's great template Internet corporation, and modified it to my needs. This can be seen on http://www.samen160.nl . The build up of the pages is as follows: 1) In the left columns the foto's are listed in groups of 9 photo's a time 2) when you click on it you go to fotobig.hmtl which simply shows the photo and the author's name. Furthermore it lets the viewer email to the author (is there any way to scramble this email adres so that no spam is send to it?) 2) In the right column on index there is nothing much important 3) Behind the top right link (foto's uploaden) you go to the upload page. People have to fill in their name (naam) and their email adres. Then they can upload the foto (max 500kb, perhaps you can make this editable in the source so i can change it if it seems to be too little.) I think that is about it. I don't think an admin part would be needed. For any questions please contact me at the email adres on the page http://www.samen160.nl , my name is Wouter van den Berg or just post them in this forum.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. Doorwood

Anyone able and willing to help me?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. Dotsona

I am ready to work, I sent you an email :D
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. Syuk

This is a sweet project, congrats to your grandparents. I know you are making your own thing, (I was going to suggest flickr or something similiar.), but perhaps others would be interested in this comparison of gallery software I found whilst looking for something to suit your needs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_gallery_comparison
    Posted 4 years ago #
  11. Doorwood

dotsana could help me out with the css part, but not the php. Anyone else?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  12. Gnome

I tried to write the PHP, but it is beyond my skill. Did you email graystatic?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. Doorwood

I did, but did not recieve antyghing back (yet). Where in de php did you get stuck, maybe we can work it out together?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  14. graystatic

Hey I'll see if I can do it. I've been busy lately, but hopefully I'll have it done by tonight. :bigsmile:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  15. graystatic

I finished! Yea :cheer: You can check out the demo at graystatic.net/b/foto, and download it here: graystatic.net/b/foto/fotoalbum.zip I hope it is what you wanted, I'll be making improvement soon. I was thinking of maybe adding lightbox, or setting it up so you could view all the pictures from certain person. It is pretty much 0 configuration. Just download it and unzip it, and it should work! The demo site just has the same pics over and over again because I was lazy, but the real thing only shows them once. Please let me know what you think. :bakie:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  16. wfiedler

Wow graystatic! Great job! Can I/we also use it? Thanks in advance!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  17. graystatic

Sure do whatever you like to, hopefully I'll have an update soon!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  18. xw227751

PDF to JPEG Converter

To Convert PDF file to JPEG, pdf to jpeg Converter is a pre-requisite tool for you to free convert PDF files to various general image formats you defined with excellent output speed and high quality! Due to the feedback of PDF to JPEG Converter customers, it enjoys high converting speed to convert PDF files and is easy to use for clients.

PDF to JPEG Converter can not only convert PDF to JPEG format, but also can convert PDF to other various popular formats, such as PDF to TXT, Word, RTF, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF etc.

[img]http://www.convertpdftojpeg.net/pdf%20to%20jpeg/convertpdftojpeg.gif[/img]

With this PDF to JPEG Converter, You can choose the output format you want to convert; adjust adjust the quality to meet your needs; Output color and Resolution ared also available for you to set. Before converting, you can choose the page rang to select all pages, current page and your self-defined pages.

Guide: How to convert PDF to JPEG?

Free download best PDF to JPEG Converter, install and run it, then click Add File or Add Folder button to import your PDF files from your local, then you can preview the image on the right window.

Open the Output Type dropdown list, choose JPEG format as you are going to get JPG or JPEG images. Then click Browse button to select the right output folder to save the converted PDF file.

You can select the the page you want to convert: All Pages, Current Page and your self-selected page. You can enter pages numbers and/or page ranges separed by commas.

After all the preparations are done, just click Convert Button to start to convert PDF to JPEG.

[img]http://www.convertpdftojpeg.net/pdf%20to%20jpeg/pdftojpeg.gif[/img]

Well, the whole process is finished. With this PDF to Photo Converter, you enjoy your PDF files at any time and place!! Free download and try it right now.

Other useful tools, please attention :
    pdf to jpeg converter
    pdf to bmp converter
    iphone ringtones maker

Posted 7 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.